Software Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Position Summary: Generate qualified sales leads and close deals with a high degree of integrity, ensuring that our software will meet or exceed customer needs so they are delighted to do business with us. Selling will be done primarily through telephone, email and web meetings though occasional travel may be required. The right candidate can work remotely from home or in the Novo office.
For over 20 years Novo Solutions, Inc. has been providing flexible, easy to use web based (and now mobile) software solutions and outstanding support to help our customers simplify their work. Our web and mobile, cloud based Operations Management software helps them track and maintain equipment, manage work and interact with their customers in more productive ways. Located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA, we serve customers in various industries around the world. Our corporate web site is: www.novosolutions.com.
If your qualifications match our requirements, we invite you to apply for our Software Sales Development Representative position.
- Tele-prospecting to generate new sales leads
- Initiating conference calls and software demos/webinars to gain deeper understanding of needs, build rapport and influence decision making
- Developing and maintaining deep product knowledge and being able to relate the benefits and value to prospective customers
- Maintaining accurate records of prospecting and sales follow up activities and opportunity pipeline using a CRM solution
- Maintaining a sales pipeline to achieve sales quotas
- Documenting product and service related feedback from prospective clients to product development team
- Working as a team player
- Configuring software as needed to demonstrate how the software can meet the prospective customer’s specific needs
- Corresponding with marketing team members to improve sales and marketing efforts
- Corresponding with product development team (on functionality enhancements)
- Occasional Travel – most sales activity will be done with telephone, email and web meetings but occasional travel may be required (i.e. trade shows, meetings, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree (Business/Marketing) is desired but not required
- Proven track record in sales prospecting and closing deals
- Experience selling software
- Experience selling to municipalities and counties
- Professionally tenacious and persistent with a commitment to follow through
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including correspondence, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Understanding of information technology (i.e. databases, web & mobile applications) and how it can be used to improve business operations
- Ability to use a consultative, question based selling approach and be comfortable conversing with business users and decision makers
- Ability to uncover business needs and articulate the business benefit and value of company solutions
- Ability to tailor product demos/presentations to prospects specific needs
- Solid negotiation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong, satisfied customer relationships
- Independent self starter that enjoys the freedom and responsibility of being a key player in a small, growing private company.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Inquisitive with the ability to quickly understand new software and functionality
- Responsive to customer needs (timely email/phone responses, etc.)
- Energetic with a positive and confident attitude
- Commitment to honesty/integrity
Compensation: Base Salary plus Commission and Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision Insurance depending on location, Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation/Sick Time)
Apply Online or Email your Resume/Cover Letter with the following guidelines
- Subject Line: APPLICANT – Software Sales Development Representative
- Include a cover letter/note (as the body of the email) articulating why you feel you would be a good fit for this position.
- Include the resume as an MS Word or PDF attachment
The email address is hr @ novosolutions.com