The Novo Private Cloud:
Through Rackspace, a trusted leader in Cloud computing services, Novo Solutions has adopted a secure, private cloud infrastructure for our customer’s data. Novo data is physically separated on dedicated hardware exclusively for Novo Solutions, providing high levels of security, reliability, and performance.
Partnering with Rackspace to provide a Novo Private Cloud provides Novo Solutions (and indirectly our cloud customers) with the following benefits:
- Full 24x7x365 support and management of the Private Cloud configuration including hardware, hypervisor layer, operating systems, database servers and infrastructureVirtual Machine provisioning
- Expert assistance in designing, configuring and deploying expansions to the NovoPrivate Cloud configuration
- The purchase and renewal of all software licenses including operating system, database and anti-virus updates
- The purchase and deployment of all related hardware components
- Around the clock management of the network and data center
- Industry leading SLAs
- High levels of security, reliability, scalability and performance
- Greener server utilization with reduced energy consumption
The Rackspace Private Cloud infrastructure allows Novo Solutions to provide a secure, reliable server environment to our customers, while at the same time, helps us stay focused on what we do best – providing leading Customer Support and Knowledge Management solutions and supporting those solutions.
So what exactly is a Private Cloud?
A Private Cloud is simply a dedicated hardware environment (pooled resources) with a virtualization layer running on top. This means that multiple virtual servers can be created and managed within a set of physical servers. And since it’s an environment dedicated for NovoSolutions – with Firewall(s), Servers and Storage Area Network(s) – only our customers running our applications behind our secure Firewall are living on it.
- Dell Rack Servers
- Intel Quad-Core Nehalem Processors
- VMWare’s ESXi based Virtual Machines
- Fiber Channel Connected Storage Area Network (SAN) SAS RAID drives
- Fully Redundant Power & Network
- 24×7 Server Monitoring
- Managed Backup
The Cloud & Knowledge Management:
It has been said that knowledge is a byproduct of experience and interaction – the right toolsAllow you to bring this together within your organization and build upon this collective memory.Knowledge Management within the Cloud:
- Allows people to find the right answers faster and the first time. Having the right answers in your company knowledge base readily available to customers and/or support personnel reduces call volume, call handle time as well as increasing first call resolution.
- Enables you to bring answers through the right channels. Self-service systems become as effective as agents, and customers can find answers on demand without a wait. Call volumes decrease as customers succeed.
- Improves Call Center Operations – with readily available knowledge first tier support is able to solve more complex cases with less training, lowering escalation rates and improving productivity.
Sensitive, company knowledge is kept secure in the Novo Cloud, and is able to be developed, edited, searched and retrieved on demand – all through an easy to use web portal.
The Cloud and Customer Support:
Providing first-class customer support is more important now than ever. When polled, 42% of people said that the most important factor in recommending a business to a family or friend is a good customer support operation where issues are resolved on the first call (Yankee Group). Combine that with 90% of businesses who say that their customers are more demanding than in the past, and you can see that it is essential that support operations are not using outdated support software, so that they can keep up with these demands.
Providing customer support in the Novo Cloud ensures that you will using the most up-to-date version of our software. And whether you are providing support from a single location, or from multiple locations, all information is kept secure in a single, central system. This allows even remote employees to access the system from anywhere, at anytime.
With the advances is security and delivery, Cloud computing is proving to be an excellent tool to improve business services while reducing costs. AuthorNicholasCarr, argues that the cloud computing paradigm shift is similar to the displacement of electricity generators by electricity grids early in the 20th century. At first there was fear about pooling services with other businesses, but security measures were put in place and costs were greatly reduced by sharing infrastructure.
At Novo Solutions we offer all of our software as Cloud, Annual Subscription, and LicensedOn-premise software deployment options. This gives you the option to try one environment, and switch to other if desired – keeping your data intact. Please contact us for a free trial, so you can try our software using your own data. Quickly, you can be expediting services and saving money ‘in the Cloud”.