Municipal Government Solutions
Capability. Flexibility. Affordability.
Support your citizens and streamline your operations with the Novo ShareNet Municipal Management Suite!
Whether you manage a single department or are responsible for an entire municipality’s operations, you face unique administrative challenges every day. What if there was a way to streamline these important operations, optimizing efficiency and making them easier to report on & analyze?
The Novo ShareNet Platform is a highly flexible web and mobile information management system. It was designed to Simplify Work by helping you track, share and report on information in more productive ways. Easy to use designers and wizards allow for the customization of web and mobile forms and record lists (i.e. Assets, Service Requests, Work Orders, etc.). Processes can be automated with the built in Work Flow and Email Template Designers. And powerful Reporting Tools are available. ShareNet has a Basic Report Builder designed to easily create specialty lists, group by reports (i.e. Service Requests by Status) and click through charts. More technical users can use the Advanced Report Designer to create beautifully formatted reports with advanced calculations. While exporting data to a spreadsheet is an option we don’t like the idea of users having to recreate reports each month. Advanced Reports practically eliminate the need to do this. All of this works together to simplify everyday work for all users and helps managers stay informed about what is going on.
ShareNet applications are available individually, but combine to create a workhorse tool that manages issues and shares data across multiple departments. Take a look!
Manage and Respond to Citizen Requests
ShareNet Citizen Relationship Management
Citizens need to ask questions or submit requests for service. They need efficient ways for doing this and they appreciate being updated on the status of their requests.
- Accessibility – By providing ways for citizens to easily submit requests (through their Smart Phone, Email, Web Site or Phone call), citizens become the eyes and ears of their local government. They will likely see problem areas before a city staff member does. When citizens can easily report issues, not only are city staff better informed, but citizens feel more engaged with their city. The ShareNet Web and Mobile Citizen Portal provides the ability for citizens to report and check the status of issues they have submitted. This makes them feel connected.
- Communication Flow & Managing Expectations – If expectations and communication are not managed properly citizens can become frustrated. The Email Template and Work Flow capabilities of the Novo ShareNet Platform allow category specific emails to be sent automatically. If a pot hole is being reported an appropriate message may be “Thank you for reporting a pot hole. Pot holes on major city roads are typically repaired within 1 week depending on severity. Residential road Pot holes may take up to 30 days.” This type of specific, automated communication manages expectations and creates good will in the community. When issues are resolved, a status update can be automatically sent.
- Reporting – City Council needs to know about the types and quantities of requests coming from their districts. Monthly reporting helps Council members stay informed about issues so they can more effectively represent their district. Reporting also helps City Managers, Police and Neighborhood Liaisons plan budgets and outreach programs to strategically target certain parts of the city that need the most help. The ShareNet Reporting and Dashboard system provide powerful ways of viewing and analyzing information in various ways. This helps city staff and elected officials keep up to date so they can make intelligent decisions.
- Transparency & Accountability with Citizens – The idea of transparency and accountability is nice in theory but if city staff do not have an effective management information system, it is very difficult to stay on top of the things a city is trying to be transparent about. The ShareNet Platform provides a way for the city to easily track, share and report on information in more productive ways. The benefits of this just grow as more departments use it. If desired, a summary of certain information can be made available on the city’s web site to share with citizens (i.e. The top 10 types of service requests with average completion times over the last 3 months).
Track and Report on Work Orders (Multiple Departments)
ShareNet Maintenance Software
Public Works, Facilities, Parks & Recreation, IT and others need to be able to easily log, update and report on work requests.
- Mobility – Many departmental staff members work out of the office more than they are in the office. Without access to information in the field, work effectiveness is greatly hindered. The ShareNet Platform provides the ability for staff to access work orders, assets, work order history, parts inventory, vendor contacts and more on their Smart Phones or Tablets. When granted permission, they can also update information. Having this type of access at their fingertips while in the field is a game changer.
- Capturing Time and Cost – Justifying a departmental budget can be challenging. When individual work orders do not have accurate parts cost or labor hours, reporting on year to date costs by sub-department or type is not very helpful. This gets really painful when you realize this makes you ineligible for a FEMA reimbursement for work done recovering from a disaster.
The ShareNet Platform makes it easy to capture equipment rental/usage costs, labor hours and parts inventory costs while in the field or in the office. The powerful ShareNet Reporting tools allow you to create and run custom reports on this cost related information. This greatly reduces stress at budget planning time because historical cost information is available with the click of a mouse. Detailed and summary FEMA reports for specific disasters are also just a click away.
- Geo-Tagging outside Work Orders (and Assets) – Having to lookup an address doesn’t take that long, but when there are multiple work orders to be completed around the city in a given day, travel routes can be less than optimal with this approach. This wastes time, fuel and creates more wear on vehicles. When work orders are Geo-Tagged in ShareNet (through auto address lookup or pinning a location on a map), viewing a map of open work orders on a mobile device helps drivers to optimize their route. This increases productivity and reduces costs. Another added benefit is to be able to look at certain types of work orders on a map (i.e. graffiti cleaned up in the last 6 months) to identify trends which can prompt plans to reduce or eliminate the issue.
ShareNet Municipal Asset Management
City assets need to be tracked and maintained properly. This includes internal assets such as computers, furniture, buildings, vehicles, etc. as well as external assets such as roads, street signs, traffic lights, water and sewer lines, etc.
- Tracking – Keeping a basic list of city assets in a spreadsheet or even an accounting system is a good start. However, some assets are assigned to people (i.e. a Smart Phone or Laptop) or locations (i.e. a printer) and sometimes these assignments or locations change. Without an up-to-date list of who has what and where it is, assets can easily get lost. New assets may be purchased simply because there is no easy way to track and control the assets you have. This is a waste of taxpayer money. The ShareNet Mobile app makes it easy to keep asset records up-to-date. You can even scan a bar code with a Smart Phone or Tablet camera to look it up and make changes. Accurate records help you maximize the utilization of assets and create the controls needed for accountability.
- Maintenance History – While most cities probably do a pretty good job of maintaining their assets, if maintenance staff do not have easy access to these records, troubleshooting issues could take longer and redundant work may be performed. This could extend the time to restore services. It can also increase maintenance costs. In ShareNet, asset maintenance history is a finger tap away. Preventative maintenance can also be scheduled. This maximizes worker productivity and extends asset life.
- Conditional Assessments – Planning for capital expenditures for expensive maintenance or replacement of items such as a building roof or HVAC system can be difficult. Without an effective tool for logging and reporting on assessments of asset condition, estimated repair or replacement costs and the expected future date of the work, effective capital planning is almost impossible. ShareNet can be configured to perform these assessments and report on this information. This helps city managers keep city council informed so they can plan for these large future expenses.
- Knowledge Base – Seasoned maintenance staff who have been with the city for a long time just know how to do things. But what about newer staff members? Sometimes it can take months or years for them to acquire similar knowledge. And in some cases, when someone retires or leaves, the knowledge may be lost forever. The ShareNet Knowledge Base can be used to document troubleshooting tips, job procedures, etc. Newer staff members can use their mobile device to search for and find solutions. This not only increases productivity but also keeps valuable knowledge with the city as people come and go.
- Geo-Tagging Assets – Most cities have assets already mapped in a GIS system. For those that do, however, it may be difficult to link assets to work order history. For those that don’t already have assets mapped, the task of Geo-Tagging assets can be overwhelming. The ShareNet Mobile app allows assets to be added in the field using the GPS of the mobile device. Since GPS coordinates are not very accurate, the map pin can then be moved to the exact location of the asset. This provides the ability to create and maintain an accurate map of city assets. The ShareNet API allows GIS assets to be imported (and even linked for future updates) so whether you need to integrate with an existing GIS system or to create your own asset mapping, ShareNet has you covered.
We invite you to click on one of the buttons below to request a demo or free trial today.