A cool asset tracking tool!
When most people think of an Asset tracking tool thoughts typically go to keeping track of IT equipment, such as computers and electronic equipment. And while that is the case, asset management software can track so much more. Isn’t everything better with a cool tool? Here are just a few of the things you can track with an asset tracking tool:
- Office furnishings – desks, chairs, file cabinets, bookcases, etc.
- Office equipment – copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, A/V equipment
- Industry-specific equipment – scanners, tools
- Supplies – office supplies, marketing materials, trade show equipment
- Fleet management – vehicles and maintenance records
- Facility equipment – building equipment, such as HVAC, boilers, etc.
- Anything that you can loan to somebody!
While you can inventory all of these items in an excel spreadsheet, asset management software takes tracking to the next level. You can track the asset’s description, condition, location, service history, and a picture of each item. Knowing what assets you have and where they are located will save time from searching for an item, and reduce duplicate purchases for items you already own. That’s an asset tracking tool that saves time and money.
So if you currently own an asset management tracking tool try bringing it out of IT and into other areas of your workplace to get the very most out of your equipment. Consider the possibilities, because an asset tracking tool isn’t meant to be wasted. When assets can be geo-tagged and work orders are available to your field workers on a mobile device, things stop falling through the cracks and productivity increases. With shared services asset management becomes so much more. What will they have on their mobile device?
- A complete service history
- Accessible knowledge base to rely on for service and inspection items.
- Pin-pointed location accuracy
- Inventory required for each asset
- Pictures, attachments, and warranty information
Please call Novo Solutions today for more information on the Novo ShareNet Asset Management Software Program