Large and small municipalities alike share common citizen issues. Providing services, ensuring safety, and promoting sound communication is essential to a healthy public works operation. But keeping up with municipal work orders can be challenging for small and mid-size cities that may have the same management issues but not the same budget as larger cities. Fortunately, Municipal Asset Management Software such as the ShareNet Municipal Operations Management system can be provided as a Cloud-based solution. This makes it possible for small and mid-size municipalities to access software applications formerly available to large organizations with enterprise budgets.
A Cloud platform allows software to be housed in the vendor’s data center, so little to no IT involvement is required. This also means that you do not need expensive in-house computing infrastructure. Cloud subscriptions are typically priced per user, so you only pay for the number of user licenses needed. Some solutions have unlimited user, population-based pricing that allows the solution to be used across multiple departments. This greatly reduces costs for smaller communities but allows the same application to scale as large cities. For the ShareNet Municipal Operations Management system, both user-based and unlimited user, population-based pricing models are available.
Cloud-based Municipal Asset Management Systems can deliver big cost and time-saving benefits!
Here are just a few:
- Improve Productivity for both Office and Field Work: Create, access, and update assets and work orders from your office or in the field with a mobile device. This cuts down input time because the work orders are updated in real-time by field staff.
- Automate Everyday Processes: Work Flow technology in work order software can automatically route work orders to a department or user and even send email alerts to track progress. Automated workflows provide better transparency for government processes by automatically notifying citizens as each step is completed. Municipalities save time and money with automated communications.
- Geotag Assets & Work Orders: Map the exact location of Assets or Work Orders throughout your municipality. With multiple people handling hundreds to thousands of assets across departments, simple mapped based GIS Asset Management Software can transform asset and work order tracking.
- Adapt as Needs Change: Some software, such as the ShareNet Municipal Operations Management system, has built-in designers & wizards that allow you to add custom fields and customize forms, record lists, email templates, workflows, and reports.
- Capture Inventory/Labor Costs: Associate inventory items to Work Orders and add labor and equipment hours for full cost tracking (i.e., for FEMA Reimbursements).
- Access Maintenance History from Anywhere: Make repairs faster by reviewing an assets maintenance history on your phone. This means it will be easier to assess and make decisions based on current, accurate information. Communication bottlenecks are reduced, and departmental collaboration is improved.
Municipal Asset Management Increases Infrastructure Reliability and Visibility.
This is how:
- Increase Infrastructure Reliability with Preventative Maintenance: As a result of preventative maintenance schedules and reminders, Public Works can reduce or prevent costly and disruptive emergency repairs.
- Automated reporting Increases Visibility: There is improved decision making with real-time data charts and graphs. When you understand an asset’s value, it helps you make better decisions about the best way to operate, maintain, and plan for replacements.
Municipal Asset Management Software provides a collaboration between Public Works and all other departments. Over time historical asset records will support decision making and sustainability. You don’t have to rely on stacks of paper and spreadsheets to manage small city assets anymore. Request a demo of the Novo ShareNet Municipal Software today!