Large and small municipalities alike share common citizen issues. Providing services, ensuring safety and promoting sound communication is essential to a healthy public works operation. But keeping up with municipal work orders can be challenging for small and mid-size cities (or villages) who may have the same management issues, but not the same budget as larger cities. Fortunately, Municipal Asset Management Software such as the ShareNet Municipal Operations Management system can be provided as a Cloud-based solution is making it possible for small and mid-size communities to have access to software applications that were formerly only available to large organizations with enterprise budgets.
A Cloud platform allows software to be housed in the vendor’s data center, so little to no IT involvement is required. This also means that you do not need expensive in-house computing infrastructure. Cloud subscriptions are typically priced per user, so you only pay for the number of user licenses needed. This greatly reduces costs for smaller communities with fewer users and allows the same application to scale to even the largest cities. In the case of the ShareNet Municipal Operations Management system, both user based on unlimited user population based licensing models are available.
Cloud-based Municipal Asset Management Systems can deliver huge cost and time-saving benefits!
Here are just a few:
- Improve Productivity in the Office and in the Field: Create, access and update assets and work orders from your office or in the field with a mobile device. This cuts down input time because the work orders are updated in real time by technicians.
- Automate Everyday Processes: Work Flow technology can automatically route work orders to a department and even send email alerts to track progress. Automated workflows can provide better transparency for government processes by automatically notifying citizens of next steps as each step is reached. Municipalities save time and money with digital, searchable databases.
- Geotag Assets & Work Orders: Map the exact location of Assets or Work Orders throughout your municipality. With multiple people handling hundreds to thousands of assets across departments, simple GIS map-based asset and work order tracking can be a lifesaver.
- Adapt as Needs Change: Flexible designers & wizards allow you to add custom fields, customize forms, record lists, email templates and reports. You can even attach documents or photos to records.
- Capture Inventory/Labor Costs: Associate inventory items to Work Orders and add labor hours for full cost tracking (i.e. for FEMA Reimbursements).
- Access Maintenance History from Anywhere: Make repairs faster by reviewing an assets maintenance history on your phone. This means it will be easier to access and make decisions based on current, accurate information. Communication bottlenecks are reduced and departmental collaboration is improved.
Municipal Asset Management Decreases Asset Downtime and Improves Visibility.
This is how:
- Decrease asset downtime with Preventative Maintenance: A cloud-based system makes it easier to track asset health at multiple locations and departments. As a result of preventative maintenance schedules and reminders, maintenance professionals are able to prevent risky equipment downtime and in turn, decrease overtime labor costs.
- Automated reporting Increases Visibility: Improved decision making with real-time data charts and graphs. When you understand the value of an asset it helps you make better decisions about the best way to operate, maintain, and plan for replacements.
Municipal Asset Management Software provides a collaboration between Public Works and all other departments. Over time historical asset records will support decision making and sustainability. You don’t have to rely on stacks of paper and spreadsheets to manage small city assets anymore. For information on the Novo ShareNet Municipal Asset Management Software solution see: https://novosolutions.com/municipal-software/