USING SPARE PARTS INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE AT SHELIVAY MANUFACTURING
As we wrap up the series about Kris Camden, Plant Manager – let’s talk today about a spare parts management software system and how it affects maintenance and overall production. Kris had repairs on the wait list, parts to order, and downtime backing up. Workers were waiting for parts to be delivered before repairs could begin. Unavailable and unordered parts were the primary reason for delayed repairs. So, making an investment in a parts inventory maintenance system is necessary, but would it increase productivity? It certainly would do that and more.
Benefits Shelivay Experienced with a Spare Parts Inventory Management Software System:
- Decreased downtime and increased ROI after automating and tracking parts inventory.
- Because purchase alerts are automated; re-ordering is streamlined, overstocking prevented, and overhead costs reduced.
- Technicians stay on task because they aren’t focused on acquiring parts for critical repairs.
- Valuable inventory insights into capacity, status, availability, and cost is at your fingertips.
- An audit trail of items lost, damaged, stolen, or miscounted diminishes inventory discrepancies.
- Save valuable time locating parts and reduce expedited shipping costs.
- Manage supplier/vendor information and parts they supply within one robust system.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and reduce data entry time and effort.
- Streamlined spare parts ordering process and improve purchasing efficiency.
A recent study declared that 46% of small to medium size businesses manually track or don’t bother to track inventory at all. Do you think they have a lot of unscheduled downtime as a result? You bet they do! Maintaining an organized inventory and reorder system is not unlike keeping the pantry at home stocked. You can’t cook a meal if you don’t have all the ingredients, and you can’t fix equipment if you don’t have all the parts.
Facilities, schools, and manufacturing plants need on hand inventory supplies for maintenance, repairs, and operations (MRO).
With a spare parts inventory management software system, you can:
- Easily locate spare part inventory at multiple locations
- Associate spare parts with your equipment and preventative maintenance work orders
- Take your operations management to a new level of organization and effectiveness
Contact Novo Solutions today to learn how CMMS software can help you get control over your spare parts inventory.