USING SPARE PARTS INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE AT SHELIVAY MANUFACTURING
As we wrap up the series about Kris Camden, Plant Manager – let’s talk today about a spare parts management software system and how it affects maintenance and overall production. Kris had repairs on the wait list, parts to order, and downtime backing up. Workers were waiting for parts to be delivered before repairs could begin. Unavailable and unordered parts were the primary reason for delayed repairs. So, making an investment in a parts inventory maintenance system is necessary, but would it increase productivity? It certainly would do that and more.
Benefits Shelivay Experienced with a Spare Parts Inventory Management Software System:
- Decreased downtime and increased ROI after automating and tracking parts inventory.
- Because purchase alerts are automated; re-ordering is streamlined, overstocking prevented, and overhead costs reduced.
- Technicians stay on task because they aren’t focused on acquiring parts for critical repairs.
- Valuable inventory insights into capacity, status, availability, and cost is at your fingertips.
- An audit trail of items lost, damaged, stolen, or miscounted diminishes inventory discrepancies.
- Save valuable time locating parts and reduce expedited shipping costs.
- Manage supplier/vendor information and parts they supply within one robust system.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and reduce data entry time and effort.
- Streamlined spare parts ordering process and improve purchasing efficiency.