A cool asset tracking tool!
When most people think of an asset tracking tool thoughts typically go to keeping track of IT equipment, such as computers and electronic equipment. And while that is the case, asset management software can track so much more. Isn’t everything better with a cool tool? Here are just a few of the things you can manage and track with an asset tracking tool:
- Office Furnishings Management – desks, chairs, file cabinets, bookcases, etc.
- Office Equipment Management – copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, A/V equipment
- Public Works Fleet Management – vehicles and maintenance records
- Facilities Management System – building equipment, such as HVAC, boilers, etc.
- Anything that you can loan to somebody!
While you can inventory all of these items in an excel spreadsheet, asset management software takes tracking to the next level. You can track the asset’s description, condition, location, service history, and a picture of each item. Knowing what assets you have and where they are located will save time from searching for an item, and reduce duplicate purchases for items you already own. That’s an asset tracking tool that saves time and money.
So if you currently own an asset management tracking tool try bringing it out of IT and into other areas of your workplace to get the very most out of your equipment. Consider the possibilities, because an asset tracking tool isn’t meant to be wasted. When assets can be geo-tagged and work orders are available to your field workers on a mobile device, things stop falling through the cracks and productivity increases. Asset tracking software with mobile capabilities becomes so much more valuable. What will staff have on their mobile device?
- A complete service history (with the integrated work order software)
- Accessible knowledge base to rely on for service and inspection items.
- Pin-pointed location accuracy
- Inventory required for each asset
- Pictures, attachments, and warranty information
Contact Novo Solutions today to schedule a demo of the Novo ShareNet Asset Management Software system.